A leading publisher of university textbooks, with particular focus in English Literature, Psychology and Biological Sciences is looking for an Academic Sales Representative. The role will require travelling within the UK during term-time and one or two trips a year to the US for sales meetings.
Academic Sales Representative Key duties:
- Win adoptions for new and backlist textbooks by pitching the strengths of each title
- Research universities’ courses within the territory to plan future campus meetings
- Set up meetings with academics to present the titles and demonstrate accompanying e-media
- Build and nurture relationships with Heads of Departments, academics and bookshop managers
- Report and maintain records of visits and subsequent follow-up with contacts using SalesForce
- Participate in team meetings to discuss ideas, agree tactics and measure results
Academic Sales Representative Experience / skills required:
- A graduate, or equivalent, with some experience in publishing sales, marketing or a relevant environment
- Ability to understand and present the strengths of the products in person and in writing
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Naturally competitive, enjoying the challenge of winning new business
- Familiarity with Excel and generally IT literate, including ability to use CRM and sales systems
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Clare Chan
Tel: 0203 574 4428
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.