Are you an expert of the mind, body & spirit publishing market? Are you an outstanding communicator with a strong commercial mind-set and the ability to identify and pitch new opportunities? We are looking for a Commissioning Editor/Senior Commissioning Editor to join a leading trade non-fiction publisher based in beautiful offices in central London. This role could suit an MBS specialist with no publishing experience, or a candidate with commissioning experience and excellent knowledge of the MBS market. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the friendly team of this thriving publisher!
- Identify authors in the MBS and wellness area with great potential of success for the brand
- Develop new products with existing successful authors
- Keep abreast of market and network actively to identify authors through social media, industry events, etc.
- Work with authors to create proposals for UK and US acquisitions meetings
- Support authors in getting manuscript delivered and during sales, marketing and promotional plan meetings
- Act as main point of contact for authors’ queries
- Work with design team on jacket concept
Experience / skills required:
- Extensive knowledge and keen interest in MBS and wellness space
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with different teams and cultures
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and authors
- Ability to manage and report on multiple projects and deadlines
- Proactive on social media platforms and technology savvy with the ability to learn quickly
- A positive, resilient and creative approach to work
- A commercial mind-set and the ability to work under pressure
Applications ASAP please.
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Tel: 020 3574 4426
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.