We have a very exciting opportunity for a Commissioning Editor to join a leading independent trade publisher in central London. You will be responsible for commissioning and managing a list of top quality books.
- Commission and manage authors for a list of high quality books in sports and entertainment
- Manage the publication process from start to finish keeping it to schedule and on budget
- Write copy, edit and proof read all content ensuring that it’s market appropriate and to high standards
- Maintain good author care, negotiate contracts and be responsible for the scheduling of the projects
Experience / skills required:
- Prior commissioning experience with a trade publisher, ideally with a similar list
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multitask deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Proactive attitude, flexible and adaptable
- Editorial experience in Mac with Word and InDesign
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Contact: Christina Dimitriadi
Tel: 020 7034 7902
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.