We are looking for an experienced and creative illustrated book designer to join a trade publisher in Oxford, working mostly on Children’s books. This is an exciting opportunity to work on and manage a range of illustrated books at a Publisher of Christian Faith titles.
- Developing a variety of illustrated titles from concept to finished design
- Designing covers, spreads and layout for a wide range of illustrated titles
- Commissioning and art directing illustrators and additional design work
- Preparing and checking files for print
Experience / skills required:
- Solid design experience in illustrated children’s books is essential
- Experience of commissioning/managing illustrators and freelancers
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe CS Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a creative approach to work
Please note that the successful candidate needs to be a Christian or sympathetic to of the aims of the company, which is an occupational requirement as permitted in accordance with schedule 9, part 1of the Equality Act 2010
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Claire Carrington-Smith
Tel: 01865 339 532
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.