Do you have experience of overseeing the production of digital products for the education market and a keen strategic and commercially focussed approach to editorial management? We’re looking for an Editorial Director to join a leading publisher in Oxford to manage a team of editorial staff and continue to implement the strategy to grow the digital product portfolio. This is a maternity cover to start ASAP.
- Using market and customer knowledge, develop and implement the strategy and product roadmap for the programme
- Direct the commissioning of primary source content to achieve annual product launch targets
- Lead the editorial team, ensuring objectives are clear and team are supported and motivated to achieve goals
- Assess product proposals and ensure commercial viability
- Oversee and approve contract negotiations with archives and libraries
- Manage finances to enable accurate financial reporting at both programme and product level
- Assess product P&Ls and financial plans
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders across departments both locally and internationally
- Keep abreast of market trends and development, feeding this knowledge back to the business where relevant
Experience / skills required:
- A strong commercial focus and demonstrable experience of directing and managing a digital resource portfolio
- Experience working in a digital product development and production environment
- Industry knowledge and market awareness to inform product decisions
- A solid understanding of product and platform development
- An understanding of academic and library buying patterns, and the factors that drive purchase and usage of online primary source collections
- People management including management of international teams and direct management of UK teams
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Stephanie Hall
Tel: 0203 574 4422
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.