Are you a sales manager keen to gain experience with a leading independent academic and professional publisher in central London? Our client is looking for an Academic Sales Manager responsible for selling to direct customers and academic sales agents across Europe for a 12 month maternity cover contract.
- Responsible for selling academic and professional books in the European territory, achieving target growth
- Maintain established customer relationships and identify and develop relationships with prospective new customers
- Negotiate prices and review terms regularly to ensure the best profit margin
- Work closely with European sales agents, providing product information and tools and tracking progress and market trends
- Process orders and deal with customer queries, working closely with the distribution centre
- Obtain market data and compile sales analysis for head office
Experience / skills required:
- Experience selling products and building strong customer relationships, ideally in an academic or professional publishing context
- Excellent communication skills and experience presenting to decision makers
- Experience using a CRM system, ideally Salesforce
- A proactive approach and the ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities skills
- Target-driven and resilient with a flexible approach
- German language skills would be an advantage, but are not essential
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Contact: Clare Chan
Tel: 0203 574 4428
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.