We are looking for an experienced Managing Editor to join our client, a leading Professional Publisher, to be responsible for the editorial development and help drive the quality of their journal. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with Editorial Journals experience and a thorough knowledge of Open Access to drive strategic journal development. The role is based in their central London office on a 4 day a week/ 28hours per week basis.
- Manage the day-to-day responsibility of the journal, including building editorial boards, and monitoring performance
- Drive the quality of the journal in terms of process and editorial policy
- Provide an excellent and timely service to authors/reviewers to ensure rigorous peer review
- Be the primary contact to the Publisher and provide expert publishing input to the content strategy
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure the editorial workflow is operating efficiently
- Maintain up to date with relevant research intelligence and statistics to support journal development
Experience / skills required:
- Experience working within Journals in an editorial management role
- Strong understanding of Open Access and journal production processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- First class copywriter and proof reader of technical journal articles
- Experience of working to tight deadlines with excellent management skills
- A self-motivated attitude and the ability to work minimum supervision
- Highly literate and numerate and IT proficient, ideally with experience of online peer review systems
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Claire Carrington-Smith
Tel: 0203 5474 4431
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.