Do you have acquisitions experience in STM publishing? This is an excellent opportunity for an Acquisitions Editor to join a leading and respected academic publisher in central London to commission and develop a list of books across their Maths, Engineering and Physics lists.
- Acquire and develop new titles in assigned subject areas and ensure profitable revenue stream
- Build and develop relationships with academics and subject experts, overseeing editorial board committees
- Identify current and future market trends and maintain a knowledge of competitor products
- Manage relationships with authors, preparing, negotiating and finalising contracts
- Prepare and present acquisitions proposals, costing and pricing suggestions
- Review and maintain existing product portfolios
Experience / skills required:
- Graduate with solid publishing experience in the relevant fields
- Experience of identifying and recruiting potential authors
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- A real passion for Maths, Engineering and Physics fields
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Claire Carrington-Smith
Tel: 0203 5474 4431
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.