Senior Marketing Executive/Marketing Manager
Abrams & Chronicle Books is a highly successful distributor of illustrated and children's books, alongside gift and stationery product. We are looking for a Senior Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager (depending on experience) to join our team. Based in our Smithfield office, reporting to the Director of Publicity and Marketing, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and analysing creative and targeted marketing campaigns. This is undertaken in conjunction with the UK publicity and sales teams, and your US counterparts.
The role involves taking ownership of the company’s marketing strategy and budget, running campaigns - including setting up partnerships, digital activity, competitions - plus reporting and analysing the results. The Senior Marketing Executive/Marketing Manager will oversee the company website, blog and social media accounts keeping the content up-to-date and relevant. Responsibilities range from content production, SEO and web analytics to database management. Other duties include supervising the corporate branding for Abrams & Chronicle Books, creating and distributing marketing materials, adverts and assets, along with management of seasonal catalogues and submissions to The Bookseller.
The ideal candidate will be a sales-driven marketer with design skills. They will have a good understanding of running marketing campaigns and knowledge of branding, websites and social media management. Previous marketing experience is required, preferably in a publishing role, and excellent copywriting and communication skills are essential.
- Experience in a marketing role in a publishing company or media/agency environment
- Experience managing online and offline marketing campaigns
- Design skills and knowledge of Adobe Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience managing social media accounts, including knowledge of Buffer, Facebook, Twitter, Google and Instagram along with web analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and good time management skills
- Proactive and a quick learner
- Team player but also able to act independently
- Proven relationship management and negotiation skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and strong analytical skills
- Budgeting skills and experience
Please apply with a full CV and a covering letter stating your experience, qualifications and current salary details to email@example.com along with why you want to work for us. Please use Senior Marketing Executive/Marketing Manager in email the subject line. Closing date: 3rd July.