Senior Marketing Manager, Amazon
Do you love books? Do you have a digital marketing and customer-facing background? Amazon Publishing is looking for a creative, goal-oriented, and highly entrepreneurial marketing manager to join our exciting and fast-paced team. The successful candidate will translate the overall business agenda into innovative marketing strategies that connect readers with authors and books, promoting and differentiating our titles in a highly competitive marketplace. This position requires performing at the highest standards with significant judgment. Flexibility, a strong work ethic and a good sense of humour are a must.
The successful candidate will be a passionate advocate for books and be able to create effective marketing strategies. They will be data-driven, detail-oriented and organised, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly-changing priorities.
Strategy & Planning: Develop innovate bestseller strategies for our books, ensuring that clear and effective publishing strategies are carried through from acquisition to publication.
Cross-functional partnering: Partner with PR, editorial, site merchandising, print and paid marketing teams to create coordinated and compelling marketing and author branding opportunities.
Measurement: Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of programs, investments and campaigns. Work closely with internal teams to establish fully integrated testing plans; Testing, learning and optimising new approaches will be of critical importance.
Author management: Communicate effectively with authors and vendors and obsess over author experience. Interact with authors of varying experience levels on the best way to take an active role in marketing their books, both on and off Amazon.
Building Expertise: Marketing Specialists will be required to build genre expertise to ensure best-in-class author branding.
About Amazon Publishing
Amazon Publishing (simply APub) is Amazon's book publishing unit launched in 2009. It is composed of 15 imprints including AmazonEncore, AmazonCrossing, Montlake Romance, Thomas & Mercer, 47North, and TOPPLE Books.
· 5 or more years experience in merchandising, online marketing and/or publicity experience in a related industry (publishing, or other content-related businesses such as a top tier media company) and in a customer facing role.
· Ability to aggressively innovate new consumer marketing programs that generate results, and the ability to objectively measure those results
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Superior analytical skills and the ability to use data to measure results
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with an intense customer focus
· Passion for books, and a great appetite for reading
· Experience in the publishing industry a plus
· BA/BS a plus
Click Apply to Submit Your CV.