London Shepherd’s Bush
Permanent, full time
Who we are
BPP is a global education provider delivering apprenticeships, professional qualifications, degree courses and professional development programmes.
Working at BPP, you are joining a community of committed, passionate and self-determined people. As a business, and in our individual teams, we support each other, encourage new ideas and aim for excellence in all that we do. An ethos of challenging convention runs through the business and we all work together towards our common goal of Building Careers Through Education.
What you’ll do
As the Editorial Operations Coordinator, you are expected to understand BAU tasks carried out by typesetters and BPP LM Publishing Services, and will be expected to handle some manuscripts as required.
You will be the main liaison between the publishing services department and our outsourced typesetting partner as well as be involved in key publishing operations projects such as CMS initiatives.
Roles and responsibilities will include
- Provide support to Project Editors through editorial work:
- Manage some ranges and manuscripts from origination through to final deliverables.
- Occasional editorial checks and proofreading when required.
- Support Lead PEs in managing template requests and requirements.
- Manage deliverables to support international office, licence and VLE requirements.
- Monitor and report on the work of outsourced vendors into Key Performance Indicator reports to line manager.
- Provide support in managing the CMS project initiative.
- Ensure outsourced vendors meet their KPIs by leading fortnightly calls, circulating minutes and act as main liaison for day to day issues.
- Follow up on any error reports with Project Editors and validate error feedback on job tracker with a view to evaluate and improve effectiveness of typesetters.
- Assist and provide coverage for Cover Designer in case of leave/absence
- Seek to continually improve the publishing operations and services experience by making recommendations on how the typesetting process could be improved.
- Ensure typesetters are performing at optimum level, supporting your objectives and held accountable for its own performance.
- Support international office, Licence and VLE requirements – Production/Coordination of bespoke, custom and license material
- Assist Publishing Operations in setting up PCs with fonts, templates and settings for new starters, creation of barcodes as needed
- Assist with eBook production and distribution
- Provide coverage for Cover Designer in case of leave/absence
- Maintain the department library
- Support the Publishing Services department where required to ensure smooth running of the production process for published and course material
- The ability to recognise clear, concise, well-written and grammatically correct material
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritise
- Able to self-manage when working in a demanding environment during peak publishing cycles
- Excellent time management
- Good MS Word skills
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and InDesign (desirable but not essential)
- Concentration, accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to approach work methodically
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
For a full job description and details on how to apply please visit:
Closing date: 1st October 2019