Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
BPP Learning Media is a market leading producer of BPP books, course materials and e-learning materials for students, colleges and bookshops all over the world.
What you’ll do
This is a professional role requiring a strong academic background, editorial experience and good communication skills.
The Project Editor works closely with academic writers and production staff to ensure files are supplied on time and to specification, as well as being involved in project management from initial manuscript through to print-ready files.
The Project Editor ensures products are produced on time and is responsible for carrying out critical editorial checks before final output to print/online platform.
Responsibilities will include:
- Project managing files from origination through the publishing phase to final output
- Maintaining accurate schedules throughout the publishing process
- Editing multiple projects to schedule and to the quality expected
- Liaising with key stakeholders, such as internal and freelance authors, subject matter experts, proofreaders and examiners to keep products on schedule during the origination and publishing services phase
- Co-ordinating the typesetting process in an effective and timely manner
- Ensuring final products have undergone quality editorial checks, proof checks and pre-flight checks
- Supporting the Project Editor Team Leader in taking on minor project management work, developing these skills over time
- Ability to recognise clear, concise, well-written and grammatically correct material
- Editorial background
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and good time management
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to self-manage when working in a demanding environment during peak publishing cycles
- Good MS Word skills
- Concentration, accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to approach work methodically
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification in English Language/Literature preferred; however, applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
For a full job description and details on how to apply, please visit: