Full time, permanent
Who we are
BPP is a global education provider delivering apprenticeships, professional qualifications, degree courses and professional development programmes.
At BPP, we work closely with employers and professional bodies to make our learning as real world, relevant and future facing as possible. We do it for the biggest names and we do it in specialist areas. That includes law, accountancy, financial services, nursing, technology and more. And it covers a range of qualifications to develop careers at every stage and every level of development.
What you’ll do
A professional role requiring a strong academic background, editorial experience and good communication skills.
The Project Editor works closely with academic writers and production staff to ensure files are supplied on time and to specification, as well as being involved in project management from initial manuscript through to print-ready files.
The Project Editor ensures products are produced on time and is responsible for carrying out critical editorial checks before final output to print/online platform.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Project managing files from origination through the publishing phase to final output
- Maintaining accurate schedules throughout the publishing process
- Editing multiple projects to schedule and to the quality expected
- Liaising with key stakeholders, such as internal and freelance authors, subject matter experts, proofreaders and examiners to keep products on schedule during the origination and publishing services phase
- Co-ordinating the typesetting process in an effective and timely manner
- Ensuring final products have undergone quality editorial checks, proof checks and pre-flight checks
- Supporting the Project Editor Team Leader in taking on minor project management work, developing these skills over time
- Carrying out agreed editorial checks on products
- Ensuring adequate instructions/briefs are provided to the typesetters, materials are tracked on associated systems and turnarounds are within the agreed timeframe
- Ensuring that the internal scheduling system is updated to accurately reflect the product status
- Liaising with various stakeholders within the publishing process
- Ensuring typesetter queries are responded to in a timely manner and all errors are recorded
- Ensuring that required checks and sign offs take place
- Liaising with all relevant parties to ensure that authors give final QA approval before final product is sent to print/published online
- Ensuring familiarity with various style guides and understanding differing product specifications
- Ability to recognise clear, concise, well-written and grammatically correct material
- Editorial background
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and good time management
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to self-manage when working in a demanding environment during peak publishing cycles
- Good MS Word skills
- Concentration, accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to approach work methodically
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification in English Language/Literature preferred; however, applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
For a full job description and details on how to apply, please visit: