Sales and Marketing Executive-Manager
BAR Publishing is a leading publisher of frontline research in academic archaeology worldwide with a prestigious list of over 3,500 titles built up over 45 years. It is poised to take the next step by exploiting new opportunities such as digital publishing and Open Access while maintaining a commitment to publishing high quality research. BAR is looking for an ambitious Sales and Marketing Executive/Manager to market print and e-products.
The Sales and Marketing Executive will be a highly skilled and pivotal member of a small, friendly and agile team based in Oxford. The role involves increasing sales and the marketing reach of the company by identifying and prioritising key opportunities for individual front and backlist titles and sub-series in new and existing markets worldwide.
Growth of revenue through pro-actively marketing and selling of BARs titles and collection to existing and new customers worldwide in order to achieve and exceed revenue targets.
- Create and implement sales and marketing strategy for print and digital books
- Identify and prioritise key sales opportunities
- Execute campaigns to organisations and academics to drive sales and maximise profit
- Forging beneficial relationships with relevant national and international associations
- Write engaging and persuasive marketing copy
- Active customer list building
- Generate and distribute promotional marketing materials including sales sheets, advertisements, catalogues
- Implement relevant social media coverage and journal reviews
- Organise the attendance at conferences in the UK and abroad
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Highly skilled in sales and marketing
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in academic book sales and marketing
- Track record of achieving and exceeding revenue targets
- Knowledge and understanding of the current marketing landscape, including advertising, direct mail, publicity, catalogues, promotions and digital marketing
- Knowledge of community and list building, social media, email, online advertising
- Excellent communication skills, good copywriting, proof reading and project management skills
- Good time management and the ability to multi-task and work on several different projects simultaneously
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach
- Strong team player
- An interest in archaeology
We are looking for an excellent communicator with a track record on delivering results. You will be an energetic, capable self-starter comfortable working as part of a small team and on your own. You will thrive in the small business environment which encourages creativity, flexibility and personal responsibility. You will have sound experience of researching markets, delivering sales growth and developing networks. You should be excited by the potential of marketing through social media.
Salary Competitive - depending on experience
Hours Full time or part time - flexible working times
Location: Oxford, UK
Starting Date Nov-Jan 2019
Closing Date 10th November 2019
If you have the desire to succeed and are looking for a rewarding opportunity, then please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you think you’re the right candidate for this job and your salary expectations to email@example.com