Buying Director-Location Flexible
An opportunity exists for an experienced senior buying professional to join Bertram Group’s Executive Team, supporting the company’s vision to be the global bookseller of choice. This is an exciting time to join Bertram Group as we embark on a period of significant change and work towards achieving our mission to offer the widest range of books that inspire, educate and entertain.
Responsible for defining and implementing the buying strategy, our new Buying Director will demonstrate advanced knowledge of market and customer trends, enabling them to deliver this at pace. This is a senior management role which would suit a strong leader who supports the development of skills within the function to ensure objectives are met and service delivery is of an exceptional standard. We expect the suitable candidate to have a strong background in purchasing products and sourcing range, preferably from within the book or retail sectors, with a broad knowledge of online marketplaces/e-commerce.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities include:
- Responsible for annual buying 3 year budgeting plans and assisting with the Group wide budgeting process
- Oversee the product selection required to meet financial targets whilst reviewing business risks and opportunities
- Ensure revenue opportunities from publishers are effectively shared with sales and marketing functions to create the applicable sales toolkits and Bertram Group marketing collateral
- Understand and resolve escalated stock issues, applying corrective action where required to ensure the functions services continually evolve
- Effective stock forecasts to group wide functions to assist their delivery plans
To be considered for this excellent opportunity you will demonstrate experience of working in a similar, senior level position. You will have strong analytical skills with a sound financial acumen, a strategic thinker with the ability to build successful global partnerships interact with diverse individuals at all levels.
For further details or to apply, please get in touch with our Recruitment Manager, Samantha firstname.lastname@example.org / 01603 648244