Bloomsbury Children’s Books
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc is looking for a bright, energetic and outgoing Children’s Marketing Executive to join the team. Working across picture books, fiction and non-fiction this is an exciting opportunity for a creative and organised person who has a passion for children’s books and is ready for their next step in publishing.
Working as part of a small team the Children’s Marketing Executive will implement their own marketing campaigns, project manage the catalogues and assist with day to day campaign elements for Harry Potter. Bloomsbury is seeking someone to bring their skills, initiative and personality to the team.
Bloomsbury is the home to many bestselling household names, such as J.K. Rowling, Sarah J. Maas, Neil Gaiman, Katherine Rundell, Michael Rosen, Sarah Crossan and David Tazzyman. This role reports to the Head of Children’s Marketing and Publicity.
- Support and where appropriate implement high impact and commercially creative consumer campaigns to market specific titles, series and authors (online and offline)
- Assist the Marketing Brand Manager across Harry Potter campaigns
- Effectively communicate marketing materials and campaign elements to all key stakeholders both internal and external
- Project manage both the bi-annual children’s catalogue and rights guide, co-ordinating multiple departments within the company
- Manage and update the Children’s area of the Bloomsbury website, briefing the development of super pages for specific authors and titles and management of social media platforms
- Create assets and content for Bloomsbury-owned social channels
- Proactively identify and build partnerships for key titles, brands and authors
- Stay informed about new marketing insights, developments and opportunities
- Deliver all marketing components and initiatives within agreed timelines and to budget
- Regularly communicate with Bloomsbury’s global offices
- Undertake selected marketing admin duties within the office
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Marketing professional with at least 1 year marketing experience
- Experience of children’s books (specifically Children’s Trade)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously essential
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Confident verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills, internally and externally
- Excellent organisational skills
- Full grasp of online and offline marketing techniques
- Highly creative with a strong eye for design
- Passionate about marketing and children’s books
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills
- Great attention to detail
- Team player but also able to proactively act on own initiative
The role is a full-time permanent position, based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. Bloomsbury Publishing offers a competitive salary, great development prospects and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, your salary expectations and a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements outlined in the ‘Knowledge, skills and experience’ above and why you would like to work in academic publishing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note in the subject line: ‘Children’s Marketing Executive 0104’
The closing date for this role is Monday 1st April.