Children’s Publicity Assistant, Bloomsbury Children’s Books
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc is looking for a bright, energetic and outgoing Children’s Publicity Assistant to join the team. Working across picture books, fiction and non-fiction this is an exciting opportunity for a creative and organised person who has a passion of children’s books and is looking to start a career in publicity.
Working as part of a small team the Children’s Publicity Assistant will help with campaigns, be a first point of contact for a busy department and have the chance to head out with authors to school events, conferences and festivals.
Bloomsbury is the home to many bestselling household names, such as J.K. Rowling, Sarah J. Maas, Neil Gaiman, Katherine Rundell, Michael Rosen, Sarah Crossan and David Tazzyman. This role reports to the Head of Children’s Marketing and Publicity.
- Assisting with organisation of school, public and festival events
- Attending school events, festivals, conferences and other author events as support to the children’s publicity team
- Booking travel and accommodation for authors/staff at events and festivals and produce individual and general schedules
- Organising stand and coordinating publisher presence at conventions throughout the year
- Producing and sending monthly bloggers newsletter
- Producing seasonal rounds up (Easter, Summer and Christmas) for press
- Producing press releases and mailings for select titles
- Submitting books and completing submission forms for awards
- Checking and responding to requests on the general publicity email
- Updating and maintaining the children’s publicity contact database
- Updating and maintaining the children’s events schedule
- Creating and sending publicity material to events where requested
- Writing press releases for book mailings
- Updating and maintaining the publicity allocation
- Project management of 1 x stocklist
- Maintaining and filing cuttings from Durrants and other press
- Compiling minutes and agendas for regular marketing and publicity meetings
- Working with the marketing assistant to manage interns, providing support and work for them to do
- Uploading to NetGalley and managing titles and requests on there.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent organizational, timekeeping and multi-tasking skills
- Great attention to detail
- Passion for reading and a keen interest in children’s books
- Keen interest in social media
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills, internally and externally
- Some experience of events would be beneficial whether volunteering at festivals, bookshop events or organizing events at university
The role is a full-time permanent position, based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role, and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note in the subject line: Children’s Publicity Assistant BS 1311.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 13th November 2018