Bloomsbury is looking for an enthusiastic Contracts Assistant to join the thriving and dynamic Contracts Department. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for an entry-level role in Contracts, or having had previous experience in Contract Administration. The role will suit someone who wants to work in a global award-winning publishing house, surrounded by books but on the legal side of book publishing (not in the more commonly known departments of editorial or rights).
The ideal candidate will gain a thorough understanding of the publishing process and work closely with Bloomsbury’s different divisions. You will have an ever-present attention to detail, with a passion for accuracy, language and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Contract Administration: communicating with internal departments to ensure that all contract administration and paperwork is completed on time and filed correctly
- Responsible for maintaining contractual information on Biblio
- Ensuring that contractual procedures and guidance documents are correct and up to date (key to the running of the Contracts Department)
- Drafting contracts including addenda, letters of termination with the opportunity to draft head contracts once an appropriate level of experience has been gained
- Supporting key projects: liaising with literary agents, authors and proprietors to agree terms, enabling publication of eBook editions of backlist titles
- Communicating with internal departments and external counterparts, responding to general queries regarding contractual terms and processes for all Bloomsbury imprints
- Processing reversion requests: including careful analysis of sales figures and stock levels, and liaising with Editorial and Sales teams to reach a decision with the support of Contract team
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Strong administrative and organisation skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of Biblio would be a bonus but training will be provided
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable with speaking to people of all levels
- Ability to carefully research and solve queries
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritise effectively Knowledge of publishing contracts an advantage
The role is based at Bloomsbury’s London office, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements outlined in the ‘skills, knowledge and experience’ above, and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org Please state in the subject line Contracts Assistant 2810
The close date for this role is Monday 28th October 2019