Bloomsbury Publishing Plc is a leading international publisher with strengths in trade, children’s, professional and academic publishing, both digitally and in print.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Marketing Executive, focusing on email marketing, social media and ecommerce across the company, with a particular focus on the Children’s list, including Harry Potter. The successful candidate will join a friendly team based in our central London offices.
- Day-to-day management of the company Email Service Provider (ESP).
- Ensuring data in the ESP is as good as it can be, in terms of both quality and quantity, working closely with the marketing teams across the company to achieve these goals and align with their KPIs and targets.
- Providing in-person and remote training for colleagues to use the ESP, including creating and sending email marketing campaigns, and reporting
- Managing the email marketing for Children’s trade publishing
- Setting up and maintaining email campaign templates for use by all marketing departments.
- Setting up more complex targeted lists by sourcing matched customers (for example, previous buyers in a series).
- Developing and managing automated emails such as welcome and on-boarding programmes
- Assisting with website promotions and merchandising.
- Working on and digitally marketing seasonal sales on Bloomsbury.com.
- Supporting the Head of Digital – Social, on social campaigns, including organising and creating content, responding to customer queries received via social media
- Supporting the children’s marketing team social media activity, including creating of content (taking photos, ephemeral video) and posting across our children’s social media accounts
- Providing customer support for the company’s website to cover and assist the Digital Marketing and Customer Service Executive as and when required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High quality of both insight and data accuracy
- Presentation and explanation skills
- Good time-management, project-management and people-management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle workloads
- A good visual eye for taking photos on smartphones
- IT and systems literate
- Understands social media/digital media, working on a website
- Email and social marketing campaigns and reporting
- Experience in working with Sales & Marketing systems
- Familiarity with posting to social media, particularly Instagram (and Instagram Stories)
- Experience of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Familiarity with content-management systems an advantage
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders and different levels of staff
- Educated at least to graduate level
- Problem solver with a can-do, solutions-focused attitude
The role is a full-time permanent position, based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note in the subject line: Digital Marketing Executive BM 0908.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9th August 2019.