Bloomsbury Digital Resources is looking for an enthusiastic digital product assistant to join the growing Product Management team.
The successful candidate will be involved in both the development of new products and the maintenance of live web products from Bloomsbury’s award-winning Academic digital portfolio. There will be a particular focus on the Drama Online platform, but duties may range across the entire product stream, which encompasses Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Humanities and Social Science subjects. The Product Assistant will help to ensure that the range of products continues to meet market needs by delivering timely product launches, content updates, and functional enhancements. The role will be based in Bloomsbury’s Oxford office.
- Support the Product Management team in ensuring that content updates and enhancements for digital products are performed to an agreed schedule
- Aid with site management by reporting bugs and issues to external software developers
- Use Bloomsbury’s platform admin interfaces to create and edit site pages and load content
- Liaise with sales, marketing and customer services to communicate addition of new content and product enhancements
- Provide regular website usage reports using Google Analytics and other tools, and help identify opportunities for improving site content and features
- Assist with regular product meetings
- Assist the Product Management team with content updates: monitoring the schedule, overseeing content conversion, and helping with content loading
- Assist with subject indexing of content and maintenance of taxonomies
- Liaise with partner organisations over content supply, checking that data meets Bloomsbury’s requirements
- Manage the supply of product metadata to third parties such as MARC record suppliers and discovery services
- Assist the Product Management team in market research with end users
- Assist with identifying issues and bugs for new products, and User Acceptance Testing after launch
Skills, knowledge, experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience in publishing, web editing or digital product development
- Excellent implementation and time-management skills
- A keen eye for detail and a logical, problem-solving approach
- Experience in working with XML and/or with Content Management Systems an advantage
- A proactive, “can-do” attitude and enthusiastic team player
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Passion and interest in developing a career in digital product management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
This is a full time permanent position, based at our Bloomsbury office at Kemp House, Chawley Park, Cumnor Hill, Oxford, OX2 9PH.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet our requirements for this role and your salary expectations to email@example.com. Please note in the subject line: ‘Product Assistant – Bloomsbury Digital Resources Oxford – 2502’
The closing date for applications is 25th February 2018.