We are now looking for an enthusiastic Editorial Assistant to join our thriving Academic team.
This is an exciting opportunity to liaise confidently with our fantastic range of authors and internally with our Production and Marketing teams. The ideal candidate will be meticulously organised and use their rigorous attention to detail to keep the publishing programme on schedule throughout the year.
You will be confident in providing instrumental support to the team and driven to achieve targets; knowledge of systems such as Biblio would be an advantage, but is not essential. You will have a passion for publishing and an interest in developing both industry and marketing awareness.
- Keeping the publishing programme on schedule through regular liaison with authors, and by maintaining and updating the frontlist plan for any given year
- Prepare scripts for handover to production to agreed standards and on schedule
- Set up new titles on Biblio, and ensures that any changes to projects are updated promptly and in line with key dates
- Commission peer reviews for projects as requested by their manager; ensure these reviews are delivered in a timely way; record the progress of all projects under review
- Prepare and sends out contracts for new projects; ensures signed contracts are returned in a timely way and liaises with the royalty team as appropriate
- Put together cover briefs, cover copy and brief cover designs, where required
- Support editors in managing backlist, including monitoring stock levels, reprints and the Print on Demand scheme, as required
- Liaise closely with production and marketing to ensure they have the information they need, when they need it, in line with key dates
- Responsible for the provision of basic reports and sales information
- Complete pro forma and book orders
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- An understanding of relevant processes, systems (such as Biblio) and websites
- The ability to manage projects at a basic level
- A keen eye for detail, with accurate proof reading
- Confident communicator, happy to network and build effective relationships
- Commercial awareness and customer focus
The role is a full-time permanent position, based in our beautiful London offices at 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Please note in the subject line: Editorial Assistant 1703
The closing date for applications is 17 March 2019.