Working closely with the Bloomsbury Education team across books for teachers and educational fiction publishing, this role offers the opportunity to develop editorial skills as well as providing key administrative support for the department.
- Ensuring title records are up to date in title management system (Biblio)
- Organising and assisting editors with the creation of AIs (monthly), catalogue copy
(six-monthly) and book fair materials
- Maintaining the publishing schedule – making changes as agreed in meetings and at the request of commissioning team
- Arranging, preparing agendas for and minuting key departmental meetings
- Reading submissions on behalf of the commissioning editors and assisting them in responding
- Sending out book proposals for review, chasing and tracking feedback
- Liaising with sales, production, design marketing and editors to ensure that sales materials are produced on time
- Supporting the assistant editor, desk editor and commissioning editors administratively
- Responding to general book-related queries
- Representing the education list at sales conferences and events as required
- Supervising the work experience placements
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Organised, confident
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, high standards of accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Strong organisational skills and a rigorous, self-motivated approach to briefing, meeting deadlines and managing schedules and budgets
- Good communication skills
- Able to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Some office experience preferred
- Demonstrable interest in education publishing essential and experience desireable
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements outlined in the ‘skills, knowledge and experience’ above, your salary expectations and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the subject line: 'Editorial Assistant Education 0908'.
This role is based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, W1B 3DP. The closing date is 9 August 2019.