Field Sales UK Area Manager
We are looking for a field based UK Sales Area Manager to sell our Bloomsbury Adult and Children’s Consumer and Special Interests lists in our South West, South Wales, Oxfordshire and Hampshire territory. This permanent and full time role is based from home, and reports to UK Sales Director with expenses and car provided.
- Working directly with all customers to achieve personal and UK sales team targets and grow sales
- Maintaining and growing relationships with existing customer base through regular contact, face to face meetings and follow up
- Journey planning effectively in order to achieve the most efficient coverage of the area maintaining regular contact with account base, whilst planning in admin time to stay on top of head office and sell in deadlines
- Identifying and developing new relationships with potential traditional and non-traditional customers ensuring customer needs are understood and met with appropriate product solutions.
- Researching new customers and sales opportunities and leads with potential for additional business
- Working as part of the UK Field Sales team, attending quarterly sales team meetings in either London or Birmingham
- Working with the wider Bloomsbury teams to ensure customers have all the necessary material and information to maximize sales of our books, coordinating the distribution of sales, marketing and publicity material to customers
- Dealing with orders and queries from customers in a timely manner, working closely with the distribution centre to ensure smooth delivery of stock
- Using company online systems and resources to stay on top of stock information and key publication data
- Liaising with office based contacts regarding author activity and events in the territory
- Gathering market and sales feedback to channel back to office based teams across all lists (including editorial) and writing regular sales reports
- Maintaining and consistently improving product knowledge
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and Independent, a self-starter
- Previous sales experience required
- Must have a full clean driving license
The role is full-time and permanent offering a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization. Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc is based at 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the subject line: ‘UK Sales Area Manager South West 0403’.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 4 March 2020