Head of International Sales (Asia & Middle East)
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house established in 1986. It has companies in London, New York, Sydney and Delhi. Its three divisions include:
- Non – Consumer Academic and Professional, Special Interest, Osprey
- Consumer - Adult Trade, Children’s trade and education
- Bloomsbury Content Services
Over the last 10 years Bloomsbury has made a number of acquisitions making us one of the most diverse, and innovative, publishing companies operating today.
- Responsible for selling Bloomsbury Trade, Special Interest, Children’s, and agency books in the designated territory
- Responsible for achieving sales budget into Japan, Korea and the Middle East
- Work closely with the Sales Representative based in Singapore and oversee sales into South East Asia
- With the International Sales Director, identify ways in which Bloomsbury can increase market share in designated territories through further product development, distributor relations, sales events, and promotional campaigns
- Co-ordinate the distribution of sales, marketing and publicity material to key accounts and locally-based Asia sales team
- Play a key role in marketing and publicity pitches for key author acquisitions
- With the International Sales Director, undertake presentations to locally-based sales managers and ensure title information is disseminated appropriately
- Work closely with the Children’s editorial and marketing teams to ensure we are maximizing sales opportunities across Asia and the Middle East in this vital part of the Bloomsbury list
- With the International Sales Director, attend relevant acquisition meetings and submit acquisition numbers
- Discover new opportunities for sales growth and contribute to the development of new sales strategies
- Conduct competitive analyses and gathering relevant market data to channel back to International Sales Director
- With the International Sales Director agree on the sales budgets for the consumer division at key financial points in the year
- Attend relevant Book Fairs including those internationally
- It is anticipated that this role will entail up to 12 weeks of travel per annum
Skills, knowledge, experience
- 5+ years of sales experience selling into Asia and the Middle East.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven sales successes and ability to meet sales targets
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise a demanding workload
- Good IT skills, particularly Excel
- A professional manner and an ability to communicate effectively with a wide range external clients and internal stakeholders
- A self-motivated approach and the ability to work well both individually and as part of a team
- An interest in and some knowledge of the book trade
The role is a full-time permanent position, based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. This role requires frequent international travel.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note in the subject line: Head of International Sales BM 2905.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 5th June 2019