Bloomsbury Publishing is looking for a Marketing and Publicity Assistant to join the bright and innovative team working on education titles across Early Years, Primary and Secondary markets. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and organised individual with an interest in marketing to schools, teachers and professionals, and who is looking to start a career in publishing. Bloomsbury Education includes many popular and trusted brands and supports teachers and parents with titles for learning across the curriculum and reading for pleasure.
- Assist the Senior Education Marketing Manager with overall strategy for the list.
- Manage the production of three education catalogues
- Manage campaigns with limited budget as well as support the marketing team on other campaigns
- Create flyers and other point of sale material for events and to support the sales team
- Design and create publicity material such as bookmarks, presenters, proofs and bookmarks.
- Maintain social media for the education list, in particular managing the Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Update the Education section of the Bloomsbury website
- Edit author blog content and manage the blog website
- Check and respond to requests on the general education marketing email
- Help with coordinating publisher presence at conferences and exhibitions throughout the year
- Assist with the organisation, travel and accommodation of author events and teacher meetings
- Attend school events, festivals, conferences and other author events as support to the education marketing team
- Produce press releases and co-ordinate mailings for all frontlist titles
- Compile minutes and agendas for regular marketing and publicity meetings
- Write and schedule monthly e-newsletters to early years, primary and secondary teachers, as well as international markets
- Maintain an up-to-date publishing schedule
- Work collaboratively with editorial, sales and digital teams, as well as the wider Children’s M&P team
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive, able to use your initiative
- Eye for detail
- Superb organisational skills
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Creative flair
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, be flexible and deal with the unexpected
- An interest in how the marketing and publicity process works within a publishing company is essential
- An interest in general education publishing would be beneficial
The role is a full-time permanent position, based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role, and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note in the subject line: Marketing and Publicity Assistant, Education BM 2407
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 24th July 2019