Bloomsbury Publishing is looking for a highly skilled Marketing Executive with to work across our non-fiction special interest imprints.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individual to join the campaigns team working across the Special Interest division. Imprints include: Continuum, Green Tree, Sport, Business, Wildlife, Philip Wilson, Reeds and Sigma. Our award-winning publishing lists include a wide range of distinguished non-fiction from current affairs to popular science, from religion to wellbeing, and from business to fine art, alongside the world’s most famous sports book, The Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack. Our acclaimed list of authors include: Douglas Murray, Diana Moran, Martin Dorey, Ray Mears and Christine Armstrong.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Create and implement marketing campaigns to drive sales and maximise profit
- Effectively communicate marketing campaigns to all key stakeholders both internal and external
- Regularly communicate with Bloomsbury’s global offices
- Stay informed about new marketing and publicity insights, developments and opportunities
- Proactively identify and build partnerships for key titles, brands and authors
- Manage the creation and distribution of the annual nautical and wildlife catalogue
- Manage and attend events and conferences relevant to the list.
- Manage content for the online communities, social media.
- Work closely with publicity colleagues to ensure marketing and publicity campaigns are fully integrated and get the best ROI
Skill, knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the current marketing mix, including advertising, DM, publicity, catalogues, promotions and digital marketing
- Knowledge of community building, social media, email, online advertising
- Experience of book marketing
- The ability to multi-task and work on several different projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good copy-writing, proof-reading, design and project-management skills.
- Good time-management and people-management skills.
The role is a full-time permanent position, based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note in the subject line: ‘Marketing Executive Adult SI 1909’
The closing date for applications is Thursday 19th September 2019.