Bloomsbury Publishing PLC is an entrepreneurial, independent, worldwide publisher listed on the London Stock Exchange with offices in London, Oxford, New York, Sydney and New Delhi. Over its 33 year history, Bloomsbury’s mission has been to publish works of excellence and originality.
We are looking for an experienced production editor to join our Academic Division, which publishes books and digital products across a range of subjects including History, Philosophy, Music, Drama, Film and Media Studies, Education and Theology.
- project estimating, costing and scheduling
- guiding titles from delivery of raw script to final print and digital files (using project management companies)
- print buying
- liaising with authors and editorial, design, digital, sales and marketing colleagues
- overseeing external prepress and print suppliers
Skills, knowledge, experience
- proven copy-editing and proof-reading skills
- print-buying experience
- excellent organizational and time-management skills
- a keen eye for detail
- experience in an academic publishing environment
- the confidence to liaise with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- IT skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office essential and familiarity with Adobe products desirable)
- knowledge of XML-first workflows (desirable but not essential)
The role is a full-time permanent position, based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please note in the subject line: ‘Production Editor, Academic Division’.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 3rd December 2019