We are looking for an experienced production editor to join our busy Academic Production team, which publishes books and digital products across a wide variety of subjects.
This is a temporary role until March 2020.
The ideal candidate will work closely with our in-house Editorial department and coordinate production-editorial workflow and tasks for assigned lists within division front list.
Key tasks will include steering MSS through all stages of production from receipt of authors’ MSS to delivery and digital product – at Bloomsbury’s warehouses in the UK and US and on the company digital asset management system –in line with company-wide Key Dates and agreed budgets, as well as to high quality standards.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- proven copy-editing and proof-reading skills
- print-buying experience
- excellent organisational and time-management skills
- a keen eye for detail
- experience in an academic publishing environment
- IT skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office essential and familiarity with Adobe products desirable)
- subject-specific market awareness
- knowledge of XML-first workflows (desirable but not essential)
This is a full time, temporary role based at Bloomsbury’s London office, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP until March 2020.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The covering letter should include evidence of how you meet the requirements outlined in the ‘skills, knowledge and experience’ above and your salary expectations.
Please note in the subject line of your email Production Editor, Academic 2706
The closing date for applications is 27th June 2019.