Bloomsbury Publishing PLC is an entrepreneurial, independent, worldwide publisher listed on the London Stock Exchange with offices in London, Oxford, New York, Sydney and New Delhi. Over its 33-year history, Bloomsbury’s mission has been to publish works of excellence and originality.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that all projects are produced to schedule, high quality standards and within controlled budgets.
- Managing the day-to-day workflow of a production-editorial team to ensure projects are delivered to budget, schedule and high quality standards
- Project estimating, costing and scheduling
- Guiding titles from delivery of raw script to final print and digital files (using project management companies)
- Maintaining to agreed levels, editorial standards across in-house team and external suppliers
- Liaising with authors and editorial, design, digital, sales and marketing colleagues
- Overseeing external prepress and print suppliers and ensuring adherence to SLAs
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Detailed knowledge of the production life cycle, from delivery of raw MS to print purchasing and beyond
- Ability to manage others – in and out of house
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A keen eye for detail, copy-editing and/or proofreading skills, and a good head for numbers
- IT skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office essential and familiarity with Adobe products desirable)
- Knowledge of XML-based workflows
The role is a full-time and 1 year fixed term contract position, based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with Production Manager 1711 in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. UK applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 17th November 2019