We are looking for a talented publicist to join our award-winning Academic books division. You will be working in a pivotal role, securing the widest possible media coverage for key academic titles with trade crossover potential in order to maximize book sales and contribute to the continued success of our lists in the humanities, social sciences and the visual arts. Our brands include The Arden Shakespeare, Methuen Drama, I.B. Tauris and T&T Clark, and our authors include Theodor Adorno, Mary Beard, Bertolt Brecht, Martin Heidegger, Arthur Miller, Rachel Reeves and Slavoj Žižek.
- Plan and execute key title publicity campaigns
- Meet with key literary editors and journalists on a seasonal basis to pitch books
- Organise the publicity schedule; quarterly planning and selection of key titles in conjunction with manager and UK Academic Marketing team
- Input at new book proposal meetings on Academic titles requiring publicity plans
- Report press coverage to Sales, Marketing and Editorial
- Organise events as appropriate, where we have committed to an event with an author
Skills, knowledge and experience
- An experienced publicist with a proven track record of results in mainstream press; academic communications experience desirable but not required
- Excellent contacts with journalists, particularly in the humanities, social sciences and arts
- Experience in UK/ROW publicity is required; some US publicity experience a plus
- A confident and responsive communicator, writer and collaborator
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organisational skills
- Keen eye for shifts in media landscape and potential for coverage in emerging platforms
The role is a full-time permanent position, based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role, and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Please note in the subject line: Publicist, Academic Marketing 0605
The closing date for applications is Monday 6th May 2019