PUBLICITY MANAGER, FICTION, Adult Marketing
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding Adult and Marketing Publicity Team in a new role as Publicity Manager, Fiction
The ideal candidate will work across Bloomsbury Publishing, Bloomsbury Circus and Raven Books imprint and will create your own campaigns to deliver profile and sales, as well as build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Department – general
- Own and create innovative and detailed publicity campaigns
- Create international campaigns on titles in collaboration with our global colleagues
- Ensure that campaigns remain within budget and are in line with level of campaign and expected/actual sales
- Work creatively alongside event and festival organisers bringing Bloomsbury authors to the public in new and dynamic ways
- Build good relationships with media (print, broadcast and online) to develop author profile and the Bloomsbury brand
- Develop specialist knowledge/responsibility areas, including relationships with podcast producers, online magazine editors, the crime reviewing community and communicating with the wider publicity team
- Read and feedback on submissions and help create pitch documents for new authors
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth running of campaigns, including leading in some title planning meetings, presentations and creation of top line and eye-catching internal title bulletins
Bloomsbury – division and external
- Attend group meetings, representing the department’s perspective, share group plans within the division including UK and international sales, editorial and marketing
- Liaise with UK marketing and publicity colleagues and Group Marketing Director
- Represent Bloomsbury at external meetings
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- A proven track record in managing all aspects of high-profile publishing publicity campaigns to deliver profile and sales
- Excellent communication skills to ensure internal and external stakeholders are fully informed as well as to build partnerships and the Bloomsbury brand
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and organisational skills, in addition to creative flair
- An active interest in the wider publishing world and the campaigns that deliver profile and sales
The role is a full-time permanent position, based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role, examples of your work, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the subject line: ‘Publicity Manager 0306.
The closing date for applications is 3 June 2019.