Bloomsbury Adult publishes an exciting list of acclaimed literary fiction and general non-fiction covering subjects such as biography, current affairs and popular science, as well as a wide range of award winning illustrated titles in the areas of food and drink, sports and fitness, nautical and natural history.
We are looking for a Rights Manager to sell translation rights (co-editions and licences) for Bloomsbury Adult and to play an important part in the rights team. This would suit a Rights Executive with good experience of selling or a Rights Manager looking for a fresh challenge.
- Research and identify prospective new customers and markets to grow sales and win new business in Asia and other markets
- Initiate and foster international business relationships with new and existing clients to retain and grow business
- Develop and build strong relationships with customers through meetings at book fairs and regular sales trips
- Liaise with colleagues in production on pricing and schedules
- Work closely with international sub-agents
- Draw up contracts and liaise with finance
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records on Biblio
- Help to prepare right guides, newsletters and sales materials
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Experience on both co-edition publishing and license deal are important
- Experience of working in a similar rights role
- Confidence in communicating and negotiating
- A willingness to travel
- Excellent organisational skills.
This is based at Bloomsbury’s London office – 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements outlined in the ‘skills, knowledge and experience’ above, your salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com.
Please add to your subject line – Rights Manager 0504
The closing date for this role is 5th April 2019