We are looking for a highly experienced production controller to join our Children’s team, which publishes a range of fiction, non-fiction, picture book and novelty titles.
As a Senior Production Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing the full production process for front-list mono titles on our UK list as well as Harry Potter backlist and new mono material across various global markets.
Key tasks will include managing costs and schedules, preparing titles for print and digital editions, product development and print buying. You will work closely with our in-house Editorial, Design, and Sales and Marketing departments, and with external suppliers (onshore and offshore) to ensure that all projects are produced on schedule, to high quality standards and within controlled budgets.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven relevant experience on a mono trade list
- A detailed knowledge of the production life cycle, from delivery of raw MS to print purchasing and beyond
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- A keen eye for detail and a good head for numbers
- IT skills (knowledge of Office is essential and familiarity with Adobe products and Biblio 3 desirable)
- Knowledge of XML-first workflows (desirable but not essential)
This role is based at Bloomsbury’s London office – 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter, including current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘Senior Production Controller 1 1907’ in the subject line.
The closing date for this role is 19th July 2019.