A rare opportunity has arisen to join Bloomsbury publishing’s award winning and international bestselling fiction list as Senior Publicity Manager or Publicity Manager, reporting to the Head of Publicity, Fiction. From literary masters including George Saunders and Ann Patchett, to international bestsellers like Madeline Miller and Elizabeth Gilbert as well as the breakout voices of Kiley Reid and Stuart Turton, you will be working across the Bloomsbury Publishing, Bloomsbury Circus and Raven Books imprint, to create and own campaigns that deliver profile and sales as well as build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The role reports into the Head of publicity, fiction
Department - General
- Own and create innovative and detailed publicity campaigns including identifying core readership, key media targets on and off-line, and honing your pitch
- Work with our global colleagues on some titles to create international campaigns with brand/name building and/or breakout sales
- Collaborate with immediate marketing colleagues and co-ordinate with relevant divisional departments, including sales, editorial and international
- Working within allocated budget on campaigns and continually reviewing in line with level of campaign and expected and actual sales
- Work creatively alongside event and festival organisers to bring Bloomsbury authors to the public in new and dynamic ways
- Build good relationships with media (print, broadcast and online) to develop author profile and the Bloomsbury brand
- Developing specialist knowledge/responsibility areas which could include relationships with podcast producers, online magazine editors, the crime reviewing community and communicating with the wider publicity team
- Read submissions and feedback to line manager and editorial ahead of acquisitions meeting and help create pitch documents for new authors
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth running of campaigns, including leading in some title planning meetings, presentations and creation of top line and eye-catching internal title bulletins
- Stay informed about new publicity insights, developments and opportunities and a general awareness of the fiction publishing market
Bloomsbury – Division and External
- Attend group meetings as required to represent publicity and marketing perspective, share group plans within the division including UK and international sales, editorial and marketing
- Liaison with UK marketing and publicity colleagues and Group Marketing Director
- Represent Bloomsbury at external meetings
Knowledge, skills and experience
- A proven track record in managing all aspects of high-profile publishing publicity campaigns to deliver profile and sales
- Excellent communication skills to ensure internal and external stakeholders are fully informed as well as to build partnerships and the Bloomsbury brand
- Exceptional inter-personal, presentation and organisational skills, in addition to creative flair
- An active interest in the wider publishing world and the campaigns that deliver profile and sales
This is a full-time, maternity cover based at our head offices – 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits along with generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements outlined in the ‘skills, knowledge and experience’ above, your salary expectations and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note in the subject line: ‘Senior Publicity Manager/Publicity Manager, Fiction (Maternity cover) 2020’
The closing date for this role is Monday 17th February 2020.