Bonnier Books UK is looking for a Designer to join the team working across its adult non-fiction list, designing high impact book covers that are both compelling and competitive for the market.
You will be working across four adult non-fiction imprints, Blink Publishing, John Blake Publishing, 535 and Lagom; each with an ever-expanding list of award-winning and bestselling titles. With a diverse range of titles covering every corner of the non-fiction market, including celebrity autobiographies (Lily Allen, Gary Barlow and Roger Daltrey), compelling narrative non-fiction (Denise Fergus' bestseller I Let Him Go) and hilarious gift books (Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards).
The ideal candidate will possess excellent design skills and typographic knowledge.
· Designing book covers for popular culture titles, responding to jacket design briefs from editorial and liaising with sales and marketing teams.
· Ensuring cover artwork is press ready and supplied according to printer specification.
· Responding to queries and checks for covers and implementing any mid-edition changes or updates.
· Keeping up-to-date with current trends in book cover design.
Skills & Experience:
· You will have a minimum of 2 years experience in the publishing industry, preferably in adult non-fiction
· Excellent design skills (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) as well as typographic knowledge
· Degree/equivalent in graphic design
· Good knowledge of pre-press colour management issues
· Knowledge and interest in book cover design
· Organised with the ability to prioritise, manage multiple deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
Please include a portfolio PDF when you apply.
We strive to create a diverse workforce and to recruit inclusively and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. In order to recruit fairly and to be as inclusive as possible, we ask all candidates to complete an application form. We no longer accept CVs and any submitted will unfortunately not be considered. Please ensure that you complete all the fields within the form – please note that we are unable to process incomplete application forms.