Bonnier Zaffre, a division of Bonnier Books UK, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Designer to join the team, supporting its Art Director in creating outstanding and award-winning covers across adult publishing imprints Zaffre, Twenty7 and Manilla, and children's publishing imprints, Hot Key Books and Piccadilly Press. The successful candidate will specialise in women's fiction, crime and thriller, and will also have the opportunity to work across the children's list.
At Bonnier Zaffre, we combine brand new voices with those of established storytellers to bring a broad spectrum of high-quality and innovative fiction to all ages. The ideal candidate will have 5 years' minimum experience of working within a fast-paced, busy environment with a portfolio of work that covers all aspects of our adult publishing - demonstrating great design, typography and confident art direction. In addition to being a fantastic designer, you will have excellent organisational skills, experience with people management, the ability to maintain schedules and meet deadlines and liaise closely with the editorial, sales and production teams to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and to the highest standard.
You must be positive and able to work as part of a close team and in return we offer the opportunity to join a growing and ambitious company, operating in an inspiring creative environment.
· Designing outstanding book covers.
· Being aware of market trends in various genres and being prepared to break the mould and push boundaries with designs.
· Liaising with other departments including editorial, production, and sales.
· Ensure projects are delivered on time and to a high standard.
· Excellent knowledge of creative resources including illustrators, photographers, designers, agents, and photo libraries.
Skills & Requirements:
· A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a fast-paced environment
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud
· Experience of managing illustrators, photographers, designers and agents
· Portfolio of work covering aspects of adult/children's publishing
· Excellent organisation skills with the ability to maintain schedules and meet deadlines
· Experience with people management
· Positive team-player
Please include a portfolio PDF when you apply.
We strive to create a diverse workforce and to recruit inclusively and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. In order to recruit fairly and to be as inclusive as possible, we ask all candidates to complete an application form. We no longer accept CVs and any submitted will unfortunately not be considered. Please ensure that you complete all the fields within the form – please note that we are unable to process incomplete application forms.