WHO WE ARE
The Bookseller has been the business magazine of the book industry since 1858. It is one of the UK’s longest-standing magazines. We've reported on every significant book trade event, from the launch of George Eliot's Mill on the Floss in 1860 to Allen Lane’s launch of the paperback to the demise of the Net Book Agreement in 1995 and today’s Amazon-led competitive struggles. We are at the heart of book publishing in the UK.
As Business Development Manager you will be a key part of the commercial team managing the Jobs in Books platform across print, online, social media, events and email whilst contributing to monthly targets and KPIs.
You will be the key contact for all companies looking to advertise their jobs with Jobs in Books. You will build strong relationships with long standing and valued clients as well as welcoming new advertisers to the platform, ensuring that they are aware of all the advertising options that we offer and how our process works. This is a varied role where you will maintain the Jobs in Books website, upload job adverts online, meet weekly magazine deadlines, manage the @JobsinBooks twitter account and execute the weekly Jobs email. You will also be responsible for championing the Jobs in Books platform to job seekers at events, university visits, talks, through blogs and other initiatives, giving you freedom to be creative and bring new ideas to the table.
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills.
- A positive, friendly and proactive attitude.
- The ability to multitask, prioritise and organise your time effectively to ensure that deadlines and clients’ needs are met.
- Attention to detail and a methodical way of working.
- Results driven in order to hit monthly targets and KPIs.
- The ability to work independently but also be happy to help with ad-hoc projects when needed.
- Calm under pressure.
- Experience in account management, customer care or recruitment sales would be an advantage.
- Experience using the following programmes would be an advantage: Salesforce CRM, Adestra, Adtech, DFP.
Salary: £25-£28k depending on experience
If you are interested in applying for the role please send your CV and Cover Letter to Emma Lowe: firstname.lastname@example.org