Contract Type: Full-Time, Fixed-Term (2 years)
Salary: £32,000 - £45,000
Location: Cambridge or Coventry
This is a great opportunity to join the creative and friendly team that defines how OCR supports teachers.
What it's about
The Commissioning Editor will join Product Support’s growing commissioning team, which is responsible for keeping its finger on the pulse of areas where teachers need support and commissioning resources and CPD events to fill these. Resolutely customer-facing and operating a little like a publishing house, we spend our time researching, attending conferences and speaking to teachers to make sure that we make the right decisions about what resources to produce and when, as well as about the ways that we interact with digital and print publishers on endorsed and partner resources. We are a tight-knit and forward-thinking team, and enjoy working collaboratively and sharing ideas.
The Commissioning Editor will be an integral part of the team. The varied and creative post will involve research, close work with OCR stakeholders and innovation about ways to support teachers better across our vocational and general qualifications. The Commissioning Editor will also be responsible for leading pro-active engagement with digital publishers, by mapping the resource landscape and exploring ways to work with these third parties to develop resources that complement ours. This is a new role and offers great flexibility for development, as well as the opportunity to make a resounding and positive contribution to OCR’s fast-developing support offer.
What you’ll be doing
- Researching what support resources and training services teachers need.
- Soliciting and managing relationships with digital publishers, to encourage development of resources to support OCR qualifications.
- Reviewing and analysing competitor activity.
- Reviewing and analysing customer feedback and other resource-related internal insight.
- Developing new ways to capture and analyse customer insight and feedback.
- Liaising with colleagues across OCR to contribute to the development or re-development of new qualifications.
- Commissioning, briefing and managing consultants as part of our quality assurance review process.
- Attending conferences and events as representation of both Product Support and OCR.
- Attending CPD events for quality monitoring.
- Reviewing ad hoc internal resource requests made of Product Support.
What we’re looking for
- Degree level or equivalent
- Qualitative and quantitative customer research
- Basic data analysis and reporting
- Market research/analysis
- Relationship development and management
- Brief writing
- Publishing or resource development - be that print or digital - for the UK schools/colleges market
- Customer research/engagement projects
- Commissioning for education products or services
- Collaborative – able to work with both internal and external stakeholders in productive and innovative ways.
- Creative – able to propose creative and innovative solutions to areas of customer need.
- Meticulous – attention to detail very important in the analysis and presentation of research projects.
- Excellent people skills and ability to work constructively with others
Who we are
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board. We provide qualifications which engage people of all ages and abilities at school, college, in work or through part-time learning programmes. Our general and vocational qualifications equip learners with the knowledge and skills they need for their future, helping them achieve their full potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1 September and interview dates will be confirmed.
To apply, please upload CV and covering letter
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.