Marketing & PR Director (Maternity Cover)
Company: Dorling Kindersley Limited
Requisition ID: 27897
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced manager to lead a creative and innovative Marketing & PR team at DK on a contract to cover maternity leave.
The world’s leading illustrated non-fiction publisher, DK is home to well-known brands and authors including LEGOⓇ, Disney, Mary Berry, Monty Don, Professor Robert Winston, Jodie Kidd, Star WarsTM, Marvel, the RHS, and the First Aid Societies among others.
To succeed in this role you will have significant experience and a proven track record of delivering sales-driving campaigns and managing high-performing, collaborative teams in a creative environment.
Working with the DK leadership team your key responsibilities include:
- Managing the UK Marketing & PR team of fifteen people
- Directing key campaigns for DK authors, brands and products
- Upholding DK’s reputation for quality and trust in all communications
- Marketing strategy planning and implementation alongside key business leaders
- Stakeholder communication and engagement of strategy and campaigns
- Overseeing the implementation of trade and consumer promotions and sales-driving PR
- Strategic and effective digital marketing including email, social media and web content
- Ensuring effective ROI of marketing budget
The right candidate must have:
· Passion for delivering the above
· Significant Marketing & PR experience, on and offline
· An innovative approach to marketing communications
· Significant management experience
· Stakeholder management skills
· Strong understanding of the publishing industry
We are happy to consider candidates on a full-time or part-time basis.
To apply for this position, please submit your most recent CV and cover letter by 2 January 2019.
About our Company:
DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher and part of Penguin Random House. DK publishes highly visual, photographic non-fiction for adults and children; our aim is to inform, enrich and entertain readers of all ages. DK acts as the parent company for Alpha Books, publisher of the Idiot's Guides series.