The Darley Anderson Literary, TV and Film Agency is a top London-based commercial fiction agency.
Our Rights Department represents the world’s bestselling fiction authors internationally and we are looking for a dynamic rights agent to join our busy team: talent, aptitude and a love of commercial fiction is as important to us as publishing experience.
The role involves:
- Reading, pitching and submitting the agency’s adult and children’s titles
- Negotiating deals direct with publishers and with co-agent(s)
- Managing authors’ publication, contracts and payments in the territories
- Liaising closely with authors, publishers and literary scouts
- Building and maintaining market awareness in the assigned territories
- Attending events and representing the Agency and authors at book fairs (particularly London and Frankfurt)
- Ad hoc admin tasks associated with rights selling
The ideal candidate:
- will be an avid reader of commercial crime, thrillers and popular fiction
- will love the world of international publishing and rights selling
- will have an interest in and awareness of publishing trends here and in overseas markets
- will love meeting people and be able to confidently and swiftly develop a rapport with our authors and publishers, while also building new relationships and networks
- will be proactive and organised
- will enjoy working in a team
The territories offered with this role will be assigned according to experience.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Mary Darby firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 21st September. Salary dependent on experience.