Freelance Audiobook Editors – UK or USA
Are you an experienced freelance audiobook editor looking for your next opportunity?
We are looking for an audiobook editor to join us on an exciting and innovative new project that is set to change the way audiobooks are produced.
Based in Soho, DeepZen is a technology and publishing company creating next generation solutions for the publishing industry. Using artificial intelligence that replicates the human voice, we produce audio for publishers and other media companies.
We are a small but growing team of passionate, creative, innovative and tech-savvy individuals with diverse backgrounds in publishing, technology and media.
We are creating a culture that’s open, honest and respectful with individuals who have vision and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Your role will be focussed on editing audiobooks generated using our AI technology. For the most part you will be using our proprietary studio editor to ensure pace, intonation and emotions are accurate and reflect the tone of the text. However, there may be some traditional audiobook editing and postproduction work alongside this.
We’re looking for audiobook editors who are passionate about books and storytelling, that have an extremely high attention to detail, are proficient with editing tools and enjoy the challenge of working with new technologies.
You’ll be well versed in industry standards for audio and will be able to deliver a professionally finished product to deadline and budget.
The role is flexible and candidates can work remotely or in-house.
- Relevant experience editing audiobooks, podcasts or other audio work
- Must be technically competent
- Attention to detail and a good ear for pronunciation
- Can communicate well with others and can work well in a team
- Native speaker of American or British English
- Ability to work in the UK or USA without sponsorship
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Keen interest in technology and computer-literate (as you’ll be using proprietary in-house tools).
- Experience of working with and sourcing narrators
- Ability to prepare metadata and assets for distribution partners
- Additional European language a plus
For more information, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills, your current availability and day rate expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org