Senior Fiction Book Designer
Maternity Cover | 6-month fixed term contract
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore, seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and creative Senior Fiction Book Designer to join our team working on the Fiction Book List.
You will have responsibility for developing appropriately targeted fiction books for children, Teens and YA, with the ability to develop and deliver books from concept to production, on time and within a set budget. You’ll also be a champion of the fiction book list, identifying and bringing new talent to the list.
If you are someone who has…
- extensive current/recent experience of working in design within the fiction book list
- proven experience in a fiction book design role (designer level minimum)
- experience of commissioning illustrators either directly or via agents and delivering clear commercial briefs and art direction for all areas of the market
- previous experience of commissioning both cover illustrations and internal illustrations for integrated fiction book texts
- negotiating contracts with external contributors
- ensuring final files are delivered on time and on
- relevant consumer, trend and market awareness in order to help develop new commercial concepts
- excellent communication and presentation skills – be able to present design concepts, approaches and work in progress to various internal and external stakeholders,
…then we would love to hear from you.
The role is based in our offices near Latimer Road/Shepherd’s Bush tube stations in West London.
Our company purpose is to make all children proud readers through our broad portfolio of inclusive, child-friendly books and magazines for children and families from all backgrounds, for every interest and reading ability. We are committed to creating opportunities for people from groups traditionally under-represented in publishing.
Egmont is the publisher of some of the world’s leading children’s authors, illustrators and brands including Jim Field, Michael Morpurgo, Andy Stanton, Jim Smith, Julia Donaldson, Tintin, Winnie-the-Pooh, Star Wars, Minecraft, Mr Men, Thomas & Friends, Disney Princess, Toxic and Go Girl to name just a few! We are also part of the Egmont Group; Europe’s largest children’s publisher telling stories through books, magazines, film, TV, music, games and mobile in 30 countries throughout the world.
The application deadline is 26th May 2019.
Please click the "Apply Now" button to apply for the job.
We do not accept applications sent by email.
Strictly no agencies.