Editorial Manager (12 Months)
Salary: £31,518 - £41,518.
Emerald Group is a global learning organisation, with a presence in 130 countries worldwide. While its roots are in publishing, and bringing research to life, the Group's corporate learning division provides learners with the insight and tools they need to overcome challenges, improve performance and excel in the workplace.
The Role & Team:
We’re seeking an Editorial Manager to join us on a 12-month fixed term basis. Reporting to our Head of Editorial, you’d lead a team as part of a large in-house Publishing & Editorial department.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In the role you’ll lead and support an editorial team, driving high performance and positive engagement to enable efficient delivery of quality content. You’ll champion change and utilise available technology streams to continuously improve and refine our ways of working in a collaborative and encouraging environment.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Advanced Organisation, Resource Management & Project Management Skills
- Coaching skills: ability to develop high performance in others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving, ability to develop new ideas to improve products or processes and propose implementation plans
- Results Orientation & Quality Focus
- Commercial Acumen
- Stakeholder Performance Management
Behaviours & Attributes:
- Strong leadership qualities & strategic thinking
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- High integrity, honesty and long-term commitment to the business.
- An in-depth understanding of the end-to-end content management process
- Experience in working with electronic editorial systems and content management systems
- Experience of managing a pool of resources and reporting on performance
What’s in It for You:
Emerald are an ambitious and growing business, committed to creating Real Impact across our communities internally and externally. We offer an extensive benefits package as your Wellbeing is highly valued, as well as having a flexible & supportive working environment. This includes:
- Flexible working (early/late start & finish)
- Working from home
- Up to 20% performance bonus
- 6% contribution pension
- Generous holiday allowance plus extra leave days over Christmas
- Life Assurance
- Newly refurbished canteen & staff lounge
- Free on-site gym
- Free tickets to selected Rugby & Cricket at Headingley Stadium
Nurturing fresh thinking that makes an impact
Emerald Publishing was founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that would advance the research and practice of business and management. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference, now also including health and social care, education and engineering. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
What matters to us:
Excellence: Always pursuing greatness, we take pride in everything we do.
Individuality: We have a strong sense of character, independence and spirit.
Ambition: We strive to go beyond what’s possible to delight our customers.
Purpose: Our entire motivation is to help our communities achieve better outcome.
Curiosity: We listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter.
Trust: Our open and responsive culture empowers people, creating transparency, responsibility and respect.