Endeavour Media, leading independent publisher of digital books, are looking for a dynamic Publishing Assistant to join our young, innovative team. Working with the Publishing Director on our main-list and supporting imprints, this role will give you an opportunity to develop editorial skills as well as providing key administrative support to the team.
The ideal candidate will be meticulously organised and use their rigorous attention to detail to keep the publishing programme on schedule throughout the year. You will be confident in providing instrumental support to the team and driven to achieve targets. You will have a passion for publishing and an interest in developing both industry and marketing awareness.
- Publishing 6-8 titles a week via Amazon's KDP platform, including manuscript proofing and formatting, SEO research and blurb writing
- Handling submissions and writing feedback reports for the Publishing Director
- Researching agent backlist
- Assisting in the handling of three small imprints, helping to schedule publication dates and drawing up basic sales reports.
- Working with the marketing department to put together the daily newsletter and new books newsletter
- Putting together marketing materials for social media platforms following our in-house design template
- Assisting the marketing and publicity co-ordinator with uploading new books to the website
- Assisting the design and production controller with sourcing backlist titles for scanning
- Registering POD titles on Nielsen Title Editor
- Designing one cover per week, using pre-existing design templates.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- An understanding of relevant publishing processes
- An interest in digital publishing
- Accurate proof-reading skills
- Confident communicator, happy to network and build effective relationships
- A keen eye for graphic layout and an interest in content creation
This is an entry-level role and a full-time permanent position, based in our London office in London Bridge. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team, Endeavour Media also offers competitive benefits, flexible working hours and staff incentives.
To apply, please email your CV, no covering letter required, to email@example.com.
Please note in the subject line: Publishing Assistant Role
The closing date for applications is 3rd April.