Location | King’s Cross, London
Period | Full Time
Salary | Competitive
Who we are | FMcM is an award-winning arts communications consultancy with an impressive client list and a big reputation. From arts organisations and booksellers to literary prizes and festivals, from authors and artists to corporate and independent publishers – we represent some of the most inspiring brands, individuals and industry initiatives around.
Our portfolio of clients ranges from The London Book Fair and World Book Day, to The End Fund and the Estate of Francis Bacon; The British Book Awards to The Sunday Times Young Writer Prize and leading international history award, The Cundill History Prize. Authors we have recently worked with include Sulaiman Addonia, Patricia Cornwell, Dexter Dias, Helen Garner, Nikita Gill, Loyd Grossman, Marian Keyes, Helen Fitzgerald, Mariana Mazzucato, Ruth Padell, Monique Roffey, Elif Shafak, Andrew Solomon, Joseph E. Stiglitz, Antti Tuomainen, Fay Weldon and Ruby Wax.
Our passionate, creative team delivers high impact, strategic campaigns, effective profile PR, and event curation and management, with a genuine international outlook. We think innovatively and intelligently across our broad portfolio, and strive for excellence in everything we do. Using our powerful national and international network and the expertise of our collaborative team, we deliver meaningful campaigns that have real impact.
The opportunity | We are looking for a savvy book publicist with fresh ideas and buckets of enthusiasm to join our small, dynamic team.
You will work across the agency’s fiction and non-fiction titles, creating and implementing smart, integrated and stand-out book campaigns, as well as having the opportunity to contribute to projects across FMcM’s varied client portfolio.
We are looking for a creative individual with a passion for books and strong team spirit who is ready to take on a new challenge. Ability to use initiative, multi-task and demonstrate strong attention to detail are a must.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and implementing outstanding campaigns, independently and as part of a team
- Nurturing relationships with key journalists, booksellers, event curators and influencers across all channels
- Managing the smooth running of client events and tours independently
- Managing client and author relationships across your portfolio of work
- Supporting the team with work across a variety of new business pitches
- Identifying and building relationships with potential new clients in the publishing space and your own sphere of influence
- Building your industry profile by attending and participating in industry events
- Strong awareness of the current media landscape and UK literary scene
- Demonstrable experience of delivering creative book campaigns
- Ability to multi-task with good time management skills
- Proven copywriting skills- from press releases to social media content
- Experience of digital and traditional communications
- Experience using InDesign
How to apply | To apply for this opportunity, please send us an up-to-date CV, together with an example of your work and covering letter addressing how you meet requirements of the role.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org