£23,000 pa + benefits
Faber & Faber is a leading independent publisher looking to recruit a talented and dynamic Communications Administrator to work in its award-winning publicity team providing administrative support to a busy department.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills, an aptitude for social media and engagement with online communities, and an ability to work well under pressure. You will be required to help oversee the smooth running of the department and offer administrative support to publicists working across Faber's prize-winning adult and children's lists.
· Departmental general admin, to include: travel bookings, answering the phone and handling publicity enquiries, compiling campaign round-ups
· Supporting the publicity team with the organisation of events and launches and their promotion (for example, arranging catering and wine for events and helping to set up at launches)
· Helping to input events information into the website and on the events spreadsheet to ensure books are made available to sell there
· Supporting publicists with key campaigns: researching, pitching media, arranging schedules and accompanying authors to media interviews and events
· Arranging all aspects of review mailings, helping to draft press releases, printing labels from Biblio, photocopying releases and sending to Parallel, our distribution company
· Helping to create and share content across social media channels
· Managing queries that come to the general publicity mailbox
· Accompanying authors to events and interviews
You will need first-class communication, organisational and IT skills and a keen eye for detail. The ideal candidate will have some previous relevant office experience.
This is a full-time position.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to the Recruiting Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 31 May 2019
We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Data Protection Privacy Notice at https://faber.co.uk/data-protection-privacy and our Data Protection Policy at https://faber.co.uk/data-protection-policy. Please read our Data Protection Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy before submitting your application