Editorial and Production Manager
This fixed term maternity cover role offers a unique opportunity to be part of Goldsmiths Press. As an experienced Editorial and Production manager, you will be expected to integrate quickly as a key member of a small team. You will have specific responsibility for taking titles through from development and delivery to publication.
Goldsmiths Press is a university press. Launched in 2016, we take advantage of digital technology in order to revive and regenerate the traditions and values of university press publishing. We are driven by a widely documented need for new forms of academic publishing in the digital age. For us, digital does not mean digital only and we publish and distribute print books as well as eBooks and other formats.
Our aim is to create a culture around academic knowledge practices that is more inventive and less constrained than it is now. We invest in high quality work and seek to reflect Goldsmiths’ strengths in theory, practice and performance.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure on-time delivery of publications
- Project manage both print and digital titles from project acceptance to final delivery
- Oversee the work of third-party suppliers and vendors
- Manage the schedules and budgets for a list of products, both print and digital
- Monitor all costs throughout the production process
- Support the commissioning and review process of the press
- In addition you will be required to undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required
Interviews will be held on week commencing 18th June 2018