GRANTA is one of the most respected and dynamic independent literary publishers in the UK, publishing a list of diverse, award-winning books from around the world, and the celebrated Granta magazine.
We are now looking for a Marketing Manager to work across our books, the magazine and our digital platforms. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, organized, confident and distinctive thinker with first-class marketing experience, a passion for literature, and a passion for getting that literature into readers’ hands. Book trade and publishing experience will be an advantage.
The Marketing Manager will work most closely with the Publicity and Sales Departments to form part of our Campaigns Team. They will also work closely with the Digital and Editorial Departments, and report directly to the Publishing Director .
- Lead and execute all marketing across Granta Books, Granta Magazine and the Granta digital platforms
- Design and execute all book-marketing materials
- Manage and monetise the Granta brand
- Source and manage partnerships across the brand
- Work alongside the Digital Director on Social Media strategy
- Drive Granta magazine subscriptions through strong, creative campaigns
- Devise marketing campaign strategy for each new issue of Granta magazine, and each new Granta book
- Manage the marketing budget across the three branches of the business
- An open and creative mind, and the ability to think differently
- Design skills – experienced user of Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop
- Knowledge and experience of partnerships on various budgets
- Experience of integrated publication campaigns
- Experience of direct email marketing
- The ability to write excellent copy
- A track record of keeping to budget
Interested candidates should please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Thursday, 18 January. First interviews will be held the week of 22 January.