GRANTA is one of the most respected and dynamic independent literary publishers in the UK, publishing a list of diverse, award-winning books from around the world, and the celebrated Granta magazine.
We are looking for a Sales and Publishing Assistant to support our Senior Sales Manager and the wider publishing team. This is an ideal opportunity for somebody looking for a first job in publishing, who wants to work with a young, ambitious, dynamic team, and be exposed to as broad a range of publishing practices as possible. The successful candidate should possess excellent organisation and administrative skills, and be a clear and confident communicator with initiative.
The Sales and Publishing Assistant will report to the Senior Sales Manager.
• Monitoring and updating Bibliographic systems and key customer databases for print and eBooks
• Coordinating and distributing information and materials to UK and Export sales teams
• Assisting with the management of our US and Canadian Sales distribution
• Monitoring stock and liaising with the warehouse on stock/supply issues
• Archive management
• Supplying books and processing orders
• Organising title, catalogue and proof mailings
• Assisting with conferences, fairs and events
• Running and distributing weekly sales reports
• Assisting the Sales Manager and wider publishing team with ad hoc admin tasks
• An enthusiasm for books.
• Excellent administration and communication skills.
• Highly organised with a good eye for detail and able to manage a varied workload.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel) is essential.
• Some knowledge of Publishing systems such as Bibliolive, Coresource and Vista would be an advantage.
Interested candidates should please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 29th April. First interviews will be held on Wednesday 8th May.