GRANTA is one of the most respected and dynamic independent literary publishers in the UK, publishing a list of diverse, award-winning books from around the world, and the celebrated Granta magazine.
We are now looking for a Sales and Publishing Assistant to support our Sales Manager and the wider publishing team. This is an ideal opportunity for somebody looking for a first job in publishing, who wants to work with a young, ambitious, dynamic team, and be exposed to as broad a range of publishing practices as possible. The successful candidate will possess excellent organisation and administrative skills, and be a clear and confident communicator with initiative.
The Sales and Publishing Assistant will report to the Sales Manager.
- Monitoring and updating Bibliographic systems and key customer databases for print and eBooks
- Coordinating and distributing information and materials to UK and Export sales teams
- Monitoring stock and liaising with the warehouse on stock/supply issues
- Archive management
- Supplying books and processing orders
- Assisting with conferences, fairs and events
- Running and distributing weekly sales reports
- Assisting the Sales Manager and wider publishing team with ad hoc admin tasks
- An enthusiasm for books.
- Excellent administration and communication skills.
- Highly organised with a good eye for detail and able to manage a varied workload.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel) is essential.
- Some knowledge of Publishing systems such as Bibliolite, Coresource and Vista would be an advantage.
Interested candidates should please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Thursday, 18 January. First interviews will be held the week of 22 January.